Tuesday, July 8, 2008

On Safari

It turns out that "Safari" is the Swahili word for Journey or trip.
 
We had quite a Safari.  We saw three game parks, and lots of animals - and I have several hundred pictures.  There's no real point in giving a verbal description of something so visual, especially since vivid descriptions are not my forte.   I'll be posting a few (or dozens or...) pictures once we get to a place that has a bigger string between the tin cans.  I suspect that means I won't be posting any until we get home to the States.
 
On the way back to Arusha this afternoon we caught a glimpse of Kilimanjaro in the distance.  We could see Mt Meru clearly, and it looked pretty tall. Then we were told that Kili is over 1000 meters taller... The climbing group was quite excited to see the mountain.
 
Next up:  A catch-all day here in Arusha and then out to Moshi, where we stay overnight, and then head up to Kikarrara Parish on Thursday Morning.  At least that's what I remember - I'm mostly a passenger at this point.
 
Blesings to you all!
 

No comments: